Friday, May 1, 2009

Container Garden

We started composting last year for this year's garden. Although the compost has done really well (thanks to Jeff), we have decided to use bagged dirt this year for a couple of reasons. I suppose the biggest reason being that I got an "itch" to plant and the compost needed a little more work before I could start.

We've also opted for a container garden this year since we're moving. I was a little scared of the cost of containers because pots are expensive! However, I started noticing all these black plastic pots being put on the side of the road from people who had planted trees and shrubs. These were the perfect size!! And you can't get much better than FREE!! (And you know I'm not against picking things up off the side of the road!)

All these black pots were picked up for free within a week... too bad I had already purchased 9 terracotta colored ones (they'll get used though!).


Nathan, Witt, and I got to work this morning.

Here is one set our seedlings right before transferring into containers:


The beans were already flowering!

The final result:

0 comments: